I am one of you – my pledges to the people of Mid Bedfordshire
If elected as Member of Parliament for Mid Bedfordshire I pledge to
- continue to live in Mid Bedfordshire
- use local public services including local schools for my daughter and the local NHS
- commute by train daily to Parliament (only staying over if there is an all-night sitting)
- hold weekly surgeries and drop-in advice services across the towns and villages of Mid Bedfordshire (we would publish schedule of such events)
- commit to responding to email, telephone and other contacts initially within two working days; and to keeping constituents informed of progress on issues raised
- hold an annual public session where I would account to the electorate for my performance over the previous year and discuss the priorities for the ensuing year
- post details of my voting, speaking and other activities in Parliament and the constituency on a regular basis
- arrange to visit and meet local community and charity groups, trade unions and businesses and their representatives – committing at least three days a month to this activity
- hold regular meetings with the leadership and representatives of Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedford Borough Council, as well as the police, NHS, housing associations and town/parish councils
- commit to fulfilling my election pledges and supporting the Labour Government and our manifesto whilst seeking local views on critical policy issues
Above all I would put the interests of Mid Bedfordshire, my fellow residents and their communities, and local businesses at the heart of every action and every decision that I make.
I am one of you. I will remain one you. It will be a privilege to represent you should you give me that honour.